Home » General Terms and Conditions
General Terms and Conditions
- Italian language courses: The Italian language courses are held from Monday to Friday. Exceptionally, it is possible to request extraordinary sessions even on weekends. Every lesson has a duration of 50 minutes. On the first day the student will make a short test, in order to determine the starting language level.
Group lessons are not provided. Only private courses are offered: one-to-one, 2-to-1 or small group courses to students who travel together (up to 6).
It is understood that possible to request a cultural program (a complete package) with accommodation included for accompanied groups of students. Lessons are not held on the following public holidays: 01/01; 06/01; “Pasquetta” (Easter Monday); 25/04; 01/05; 02/06; 15/08; 01/11; 08/12; 25/12; 26/12. Please note that lessons lost on public holidays will not be refunded.
- Certificate of attendance: At the end of the course, every participant can require a certificate of attendance where will be certified the number of the lessons attended, the total duration and the linguistic level reached.
- Accommodation: The accommodation provided by the school is available to course participants and the presence of any accompanying persons or family members must be reported at the time of booking in order to calculate any extra costs. Arrivals and departures are, normally, from Sunday to Sunday of the week of the course chosen. However, it is possible to request an early arrival and / or an extended stay, which will be evaluated based on the availability of the accommodation.
- Enrollment and Charges: To enroll the student has to fill in the on-line form. The one-time registration fee for every student applies only once per year. The registration fee includes didactic material, the “student kit” (folder, block note a pen). The textbook is not included and can be purchased separately. With the completed application the student accepts to the booking conditions. In order to book the course and any other services offered, the student has to send the 30% of the total cost as deposit by bank transfer, by paying the balance at school (in cash or credit card), within 2 days from the beginning of the course. Note that remote payments, such credit cards as guarantee, are not allowed due safe reasons.
- Visa: In order to obtain a student visa, as regular procedure, is it necessary to apply to the nearest Italian embassy/consulate providing the school letter of acceptance. According to the Italian law, in order to get the school letter of acceptance, the total amount of the booked course must be paid. In case of visa refusal, the student must provide the school a copy of the refusal letter issued by the embassy/consulate at the latest 14 days before departure.
In case of refusal, the school will refund the entire sum previous charged, retaining any the bank expenses. The visa letter can be sent by e-mail without extra costs or by carrier (with shipping fees charged to the student). Please note that, in case a student with a study visa does not show up on his course starting day without any notice, the school is obliged to report the personal details to the respective Italian authorities, as required by law.
- Cancellation: A cancellation will only be effective when is formally noticed by e-mail to the school e-mail address. For cancellations 30 days before the arrival date, the school will refund the 100% of the deposit charged at the time of the booking. For cancellations before 14 days prior to arrival, the school retain the 50% of the deposit charged at the time of the booking. From 14 days before the arrival on, there is no circumstances for any refund.
- Liability: The school is not responsible, in any circumstances, for the loss of personal property on its premises and in the accommodation offered.
- Insurance: Before leaving to Italy, students are advised to take out a medical/travel insurance. European Union citizens have to carry their European Health Insurance Card to receive the same medical treatments as Italian citizens, covering any expenses.